ARTICLES ON STATE OF THE TEMPLE FROM 2018 TO PRESENT
On behalf of the Malibu Hindu Temple, I wish all of you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.
As the holidays approach, we, at the Temple, are acutely aware of the surging COVID-19 virus that has dominated our lives for the better part of this year. We were able to manage and keep the Temple open for most of the time albeit for a short period of time during the initial onset of the pandemic. We have been able to do this only because of the hard work of all the employees at the Temple and all the devotees who not only financially contributed to the Temple but complied with the strict guidelines that were established for conducting services at the Temple.
As we near the end of the year, I want to inform you of the state of the Temple from 2018 to the present time. I will be writing a series of articles which will be divided into the following segments:
- Management of the COVID-19 pandemic and other natural disasters;
- Financial management and accountability standards of Temple finances;
- Infrastructure and other improvements at the Temple;
- Social media presence including launching of the Temple’s new website, Instagram and Facebook accounts, and efficient and timely e-mail communication to the devotees;
- Legal structures including employer-employee contracts, contracts with outside vendors, protocols for filming and photoshoots at the Temple, and issues related to liability;
- Improvements in the protocols and procedures at the Temple facilitating peaceful worship and equal treatment of all devotees;
I will be writing these articles periodically for the next few months. We are also publishing these articles on our website under Announcements. I urge all of you to read these articles for your education and for future participation. In the meanwhile, I wish you all a safe holiday season.
Nadadur S. Kumar
General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer