Social Distancing Rules for Malibu Hindu Temple, reopening on June 8, 2020
Malibu Hindu Temple Set to Reopen on Monday, June 8, 2020
Hours of Operation (from June 8, 2020 until further notice)
Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Please note that the Temple will not be having in-person abishekams and maha aarthis until further notice. No live streaming services will be available.
RULES FOR ENTERING THE TEMPLE
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES WHEN ENTERING THE TEMPLE TO PROTECT YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY, THE EMPLOYEES OF THE TEMPLE, AND OTHER DEVOTEES:
- All visitors must wear face masks/ face coverings when entering the Temple and at all times while on premises. No entry without wearing face masks. Temple will not provide face masks;
- Do not enter the Temple if you are running temperature or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19;
- All visitors must observe strict 6 ft. physical distancing in temple premises. Strict 6 ft. physical distancing must also be observed with the Temple priests and employees;
- Wash your hands with soap and water before entering the Temple;
- All visitors will need to sign-in and provide name, e-mail, and telephone number, before entry. This is for COVID-19 contact tracing purposes;
- Visitors cannot bring offerings of food including: milk, fruits, or flowers. Do not bring these items as Temple cannot accept them at this time.
- No theertham, shatari, and prasadam.
- Archanas will be performed only upon paying at the Temple office and furnishing a receipt.
- All donations must be placed only in the hundi. Do not make any physical contact with Temple employees or the priests.
- No volunteers will be allowed in the sanctum sanctorum;
- Dining room is only open for take-out. No sitting or in-temple dining allowed.
The Temple will be open with strict social distancing measures in place. If the rules are not followed voluntarily by devotees, we may have to close the Temple again in the larger interest of the community. We recommend that people who are over the age of 65 and/or who have underlying conditions visit the Temple only during weekdays.
WELCOME BACK TO THE TEMPLE, AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!