Based on feedback from many of you, the Temple wishes to provide the following information regarding the upcoming Maha Shivarathri celebrations on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at the Temple:
How to Register and Pay Sponsorship Fee for Maha Shivarathri Celebration
You may register as a sponsor for the Maha Shivarathri program by going to the Temple’s website at: www.malibuhindutemple.org and paying the fee online. The instructions for submitting the payment through the Temple website are as follows:
1. Go to the Temple website: www.malibuhindutemple.org
2. Scroll down the Home Page and click on “Donate”
3. Click “Custom” to enter the donation amount. Please refer to the Flyer for the sponsorship fee for each session ($101) or whole day Sankalp per family ($251). Type your name and e-mail address and click “Donate”.
4. Enter your credit card or debit card information in the payment page and click Submit.
NOTE: After submitting a donation, there will be a donation receipt automatically generated by the website. Please keep a copy of this Donation Receipt for your own records. Please print a copy of this Receipt and bring it with you on the day of the event. You will also receive a copy of this Donation Receipt by e-mail.
Upon payment of the fee, please send a text to the Malibu Hindu Temple cellphone: 818-518-4287 (do not call this number to register) and provide us with the following information:
· Your complete name;
· Your spouse’s name (if applicable);
· Indicate session that you wish to attend in-person;
· Indicate the date and time you made the payment online. I wish to remind you that because of numerous calls regarding the celebration, we may not be able to have a master list at the Temple with the names of devotees who paid online. Therefore, do not forget to include the time and date of payment in your text message. This will enable us to be very fair as much as we can.
You may also come to the Temple before each of the sessions and pay by way of cash, check, or debit/credit card and sign up for to attend the session of your choice if space permits. As mentioned in the Flyer and in our earlier communication, services will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis upon payment. If any of the sessions reach maximum capacity, you will be automatically moved to the next available sessions. Those devotees who are unable to be in the sanctum sanctorum for any of the sessions may proceed to the auditorium of the Malibu Hindu Temple. We are doing our best to present a live broadcast of the Maha Shivarathri celebration from the auditorium of the Temple in order to allow those devotees who are unable to be in the sanctum sanctorum to still join and participate in the celebration at the Temple auditorium. This program is not available for devotees to watch from home unless they are physically in attendance at the Temple. In other words, you may not access this live broadcast without physical attendance at the auditorium of the Temple.
On the day of the event on Thursday, March 11, 2021, just like on Saturday and Sunday, the Temple cafeteria will be open for takeout from 5 PM to 10 PM.
We are truly sorry for not providing this information in our earlier communication or in the flyer which was posted on the Temple website on March 1st. We look forward to celebrating with all of you.
Please do not forget to wear a mask and maintaining 6 ft. distance while at the Temple premises.
Nadadur S. Kumar
General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer