Outdoor New Year’s Celebrations at the Temple
Outdoor New Year’s Celebrations at the Temple on Friday, January 1st, Saturday, January 2nd, and Sunday, January 3rd, 2021
On behalf of the Malibu Hindu Temple, I wish all of you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. We are looking forward to hosting New Year’s celebrations and services at the Temple albeit with some modifications and strict protocols in place due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in our communities. We are outlining below the procedures for the upcoming New Year 2021 celebrations at the Temple:
1. The traditional New Year’s Eve celebrations which usually take place at 12 AM midnight on December 31st, and the Shiva Abhishekam, Thiruppavai Seva, and Thiruvaradhanam Sathumurai which usually take place on New Year’s Day will not be open to the public this year because of the surging COVID-19 numbers and the inherent risks of assembling as a group. Instead, we will have a live streaming service available for devotees to access. Instructions can be found on the Temple website at: www.MalibuHinduTemple.org.
2. The Temple will be open on New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1st, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Temple will also be open on Saturday, January 2, 2021 and Sunday, January 3, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
3. We will have outdoor-only aarathi services for a minimum donation of $20 (a larger donation is greatly appreciated to assist in covering the Temple’s costs to safely accommodate the community during the New Year’s Events). Donations can be payable by cash, credit card, or debit card. This donation will help our Temple to tide over this difficult time in the history of the Temple and to offset the financial hardship caused as a result of the temporary closure of the Temple since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic in March.
4. There will be parking available onsite at the Temple premises for a fee of $10 which is the regular fee we charge every year for parking. This is payable by cash, which is the preferred method of payment and strongly recommended, and also by credit card or debit card.
5. Once you enter the Temple premises, there will be only one line for outdoor-only aarathi services (the only available service this year). Once you enter the line, you will be able to exit only at the designated exit points. We will have take-out prasadam/ lunch boxes available at the Temple. Please note that the lunch boxes are for take-out only and there will be no eating allowed on Temple premises.
6. We are requesting devotees to leave their shoes in their cars before entering the Temple.
We request all of you to cooperate with us in following the above-listed protocols and complying with strict CDC guidelines, including wearing a face mask and maintaining strict 6 feet social distancing. We will not allow entry for anyone without a face mask.
We look forward to having you all join us for the New Year’s Events at the Temple.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Nadadur S. Kumar
General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer